W/25/1456/LB

Status: Granted (23 Dec 2025)
Application Details
Description

New electrical connection for the barn/museum at Abbey Ruins, to be installed from new substation of new leisure facility to the south. Warwick District Council (the owner) advises that the existing supply is insufficient for current and proposed future purposes, and so a new cable will be laid within the existing underground cable route to a draw-pit c/w IP65 rotary isolator (SMC granted). From this junction point a new cable will be inserted through an existing gap in the stone wall of the barn, and will come up through the existing floor to connect into the fusebox fixed to the wall beside the entrance. The existing armoured cable which is visually detrimental to the aesthetics of the listed building and potential trip hazard, will be removed, thus enhancing the designated asset. Two internal stone floor slabs will be lifted and an archaeologist will investigate & record the deposit beneath, through which the new electric cable will be laid.

Council

Warwick

Application Type

Listed Building Consent

Date Received

17 Oct 2025

Date Validated

03 Nov 2025

Decision Date

23 Dec 2025

Location
Address

Abbey Ruins, Abbey Fields, Bridge Street, Kenilworth

Coordinates

52.348714900000000, -1.582851500000000

Source: Application UPRN

Quick Info
UID
W/25/1456/LB
Reference
W/25/1456/LB
Status
Granted
Last Updated
31 Dec 2025